— Start With Strategy —
WHEN YOU REMOVE THE RHETORIC, THE JARGON AND THE SPEAK, STRATEGY BOILS DOWN
TO SIX SIMPLE WORDS. WHERE TO PLAY. HOW TO WIN.
Every business owner, business leader and executive we partner with has a unique set of business challenges that require a unique approach to winning. What winning looks like is different for each of them. We do our best work partnering with companies, agencies and organizations that are driven by excellence. They see the value in having a strategy-based approach to achieving mission-focused objectives. Our clients benefit from our commitment to delivering outrageous outcomes. They experience the results of infusing strategy with imagination to drive strategy/execution efforts across the board. Each unique approach that we develop might end differently, but they all begin the same. They all start with strategy.
— Our Best Work —
17 YEARS. 14 INDUSTRIES. 3 CONTINENTS. WHAT’S NEXT?
Started in 2003, YELLOWWOOD is a strategy consulting company with strategy development and execution experiences and insight garnered from client relationships across 14 unique industries spanning 3 continents. We partner with private companies, public sector agencies and administrations, as well as non-profit entities to help them transform ideas into objectives and objectives into outcomes.
Our legacy began at a modest dining room table with one employee and one client who took a chance and trusted us to do our best work. A lot has changed since then. If that dining room table could talk—oh the stories it would share.
— Strategy Is A Verb —
WE ARE RELENTLESS ABOUT BEING EXCEPTIONAL AND DELIVERING AN EXPERIENCE
AND AN OUTCOME THAT IS MEASURABLY DIFFERENT THAN ANY OTHER FIRM.
- STRATEGIC PLANNING: We transform vision and mission into objectives and outcomes. Clients say that our approach to strategic planning is unconventional. They also say it's wildly successful. Once a "strategy strike team" is assembled, we mobilize - armed with our simple, yet effective strategic planning philosophy:
- Strategy is a verb.
- Indifference creates inertia.
- Rational thinking doesn't solve irrational problems.
- Build strategy from the bottom/up - not the top/down.
- Never treat strategy and execution like they're mutually exclusive.
- STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT: Strategy is agile, responsive, and actionable - not clumsy, static, and dormant. Opportunities and threats are both local and global so don't navigate the strategy development process from a silo. Ensuring the company remains relevant and competitive is priority one. Priority two… the work that brings priority one to life. Our strategy consulting capabilities include these six focus areas:
- Turnaround Strategy - something is broken and bad things are happening
- Stabilizing Strategy - something is fractured, but not broken
- First Mover Strategy - launching a novel product/service with high market appeal
- Differentiation Strategy - capitalizing on your unique existing product/service/process
- Offensive Strategy - responding to and maximizing a trend before competitors
- Defensive Strategy - reacting to external factors impacting how you do business
— Struggling With Strategy —
If achieving strategy excellence were as simple as thinking outside the box, everyone would be a strategist. Solving today’s business challenges requires more than brainstorming and whiteboarding. You need a purposeful playbook complete with new plays to run. Request our latest whitepaper, Achieving Strategy Excellence to discover the new thinking required to stay relevant and be exceptional in your market.
— Helping Clients Win —
DON’T LET THE SPEED OF EXECUTION SABOTAGE YOUR EFFORTS AND PUT YOU
FURTHER BEHIND THAN IF YOU HAD TAKEN NO ACTION AT ALL.
We’ve seen our fair share of strategy gone wild over the past 17 years. We’ve also seen good intentions derail a strategy because it was guided by gut, intuition and hope. Hope is not a strategy. Strategy is strategy. There is no substitute for a framework that will set you up to succeed. That framework, for us, is a proprietary model we developed called The Architecture of Strategy™. It's our framework for mobilizing strategy, accelerating your efforts and ensuring you achieve better results faster.
We also use a strategy scoring index called Strategy P.O.I.N.T.E™. We developed this proprietary tool to evaluate the likelihood of you achieving the outrageous outcomes you want, as well as identifying what might change your strategic trajectory. A framework, a tool and our relentless pursuit of strategy excellence. That’s how we help you identify where to play and how to win.
— Yes, Fixed Fees —
WE DON’T DO TIME & BILLING AND WE DON’T DO PIECEMEAL PROJECTS.
OUR FEES ARE BASED ON ADDING VALUE AND DELIVERING ON OUR PROMISE OF EXCEPTIONAL WORK.
Depending on how you choose to work with us, you’ll have the option of individual strategy sessions, or an engagement agreement with a defined scope of work. Strategy sessions are ideal if you want to solve a single acute business challenge. While an engagement agreement option is best used for solving long-term or inter- related business challenges that require the coordination of priorities, talent, resources and efforts.
Our fixed fee strategy consulting options are intended to be flexible choices to accomodate a variety of working budgets - from the very modest, to the most generous. Regardless of which of our strategy consulting options best fits your business needs, rest assured, you will receive an execution-based strategic approach to crush what's holding you back and help you thrive.
— Let’s Do This —
If you’re looking for a strategy consulting company to partner with you to provide meaningful insight, thoughtful recommendations and a strategic approach about what it takes to help you win, then you’re in luck. That’s exactly who we are. Come on - let's do this.
WE'RE HERE. WE'RE READY. HOW CAN WE HELP YOU WIN?
Call. Send. Meet.We're always excited when a prospective client reaches out to us for a little strategy mojo. Besides that, we only need the smallest of excuses to fire-up the Keurig. Did we mention we're just a wee bit coffee obsessed? Use this quick form to contact us so we can get this party started... or at least know how to reach you.
Call us: 919.701.6707
Email us: email@example.com
Mail us: Post Office Box 99029 Raleigh NC 27624
See us: 8480 Honeycutt Road Suite 200 Raleigh NC 27615